Sunday, August 28, 2011

What's one of your lessons?

On a recent trip to Chicago, I was reading a Real Simple magazine that asked the question: "What is one lesson you learned in school that you'll never forget?". Of course this got me to pondering for myself. A few popped into my mind like in the 5th grade, my teacher Mr. Kubalek taught us the words to the National Anthem. To this day, I'm grateful I know every single word. In the 7th grade, I asked my health teacher what a boner was ..... He showed me a slide with an illustration..... Good to know. Good lesson. Haven't forgot that lesson. But Ms Faber taught me in the 6th grade that everyone is an individual and we learn differently. She let me take my tests laying on the floor rather than sitting in a chair, which never fit me. I appreciated her acknowledgement that everyone is different and what works for others may not work for everyone. She gave me that consideration, and I try to give the same consideration to others.
As we buy back to school items and prepare for our children to return to the classrooms, recall your greatest lessons learned from school. I hope you smile.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone4

No comments:

Post a Comment